XF 1.3 Merging Forums on Different Servers Question

drastic

Myself and another XF member are moving my forum's threads and content to his forum.

I gave him my database info and he inserted it into the Xenforo 1.2 importer, but he said it times out. my site is loading fine, so we probably did something wrong.

What should be in the mysql server field? is it my domain? is it left as "local" ?

the rest of the credentials (username, db name, pw) are correct.

thanks for helping!
help i am stuck.webp

The easiest method is to copy the database, data and internal_data directories to the other server.

Then it's straightforward.

It's unlikely that you'll be able to. MySQL is not generally exposed via the Internet -- it's usually blocked by a firewall. Plus there is the issue of the file paths as mentioned by Brogan.

The easiest method is to copy the database, data and internal_data directories to the other server.

Then it's straightforward.

Well, that makes sense. I don't know much about MySQL or PHPmyAdmin. How do I import/copy the database into my current setup? And am I not going to overwrite my stuff, if I just copy his data and internal_data folders into my folders?

It's unlikely that you'll be able to. MySQL is not generally exposed via the Internet -- it's usually blocked by a firewall. Plus there is the issue of the file paths as mentioned by Brogan.

Hmm that makes sense...

Create a new database instance, call it e.g. xf_old and import your database into it.

Then create a new directory on the server, again call it xf_old and copy the /data and /internal_data directories to it.

Then do the import, pointing it at those.

Top Bottom