1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Merging 1.1 and 1.2 database tables after update

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by sawine, Oct 27, 2013.

1. sawine

sawine Member

Hello,

I just updated my forum to 1.2.2 from 1.1.3. After reading, I decided to make a copy of my forum and to test it on it. Now I'm done with the update but I need to merge the databases.

Which tables should (or should not) be merged so I can recover all the activity that has been going on on my forum?

Thanks

2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

No merge, you have to run the upgrade again on your production environment.

3. sawine

sawine Member

I've just spent about 10 hours fixing 80 templates manually. There must be a way I can keep those changes?

4. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Export the style you adjusted in your test 1.2, upgrade your 1.1, import the style into your now production 1.2

5. sawine

sawine Member

Alright thanks. Is there a way to do the same with add-ons or it's easier to reinstall them?

6. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Reinstall them.
    I'd love to have a method for bulk install, so it doesn't rebuild after every single install and thereby making it much shorter.
    About to take the same step as you in a few days, give or take. Putting the final touches on my style and add-on selection for 1.1.4 -> 2.2