Implemented Merge Two XenForo Databases / Forums / XenForo To XenForo Import

rjordan

One request made by several of us is the ability to merge two sites with a supported tool. This would include being able to merge (for instance) xenForo v2.0.6 database into an existing xenForo forum. In the case of vBulletin, they have refused the ability for their Impex to have such a feature. Would this functionality be made available here?

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Has anyone found a solution importing from xenforo? I really need a solution and even if it means doing a double import from another platform i'm willing to give it a go.

I do have an old VB license that i am not using but i don't believe there is a xenforo import.

Any other free forum software that offers a xenforo import?

I actually have another XenForo community that we maybe merging with our own. For now, we'd have to port them over to phpBB and assuming all goes well, port them into XenForo

That's a lot of work. And every time you move / port a community, it does seem risky.

I think everyone here would like to see an official port to merge XenForo into XenForo.

Any word?

Nope, sorry. I'm pretty tied up at the moment.

Just as some additional info, the importer would be by means of SSIS, not using the regular importers (mostly because I know SSIS, and not the normal importing process, and if I want to get an importer done fast, SSIS for me is the logical way to go).

Not sure if this has been asked already,

I realize you can convert / move say a site from vbulletin to xenforo, but wondering if there could be support added so that you can import/export - say move a xenforo site to another xenforo site, and more merge or append to existing forum. With controlling what content is moved or merged, appended etc.

I was wondering if this could be future main addon or update for xenforo

cheers

Not sure if this has been asked already,

I realize you can convert / move say a site from vbulletin to xenforo, but wondering if there could be support added so that you can import/export - say move a xenforo site to another xenforo site, and more merge or append to existing forum. With controlling what content is moved or merged, appended etc.

I was wondering if this could be future main addon or update for xenforo

cheers

XenForo has the ability to merge 2 source forums into 1 destination XenForo forum.

There is currently no XF to XF importer however, you would have to go step it via VB first.

Top Bottom