1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce merge threads

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Adam Howard, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

OK so I was trying to move 1 post into another thread. And the newest post always became the new topic starter.

I don't believe it should work this way.

If X thread is older and Y post belongs in X thread, shouldn't that post (Y post) follow into the thread and not end up as post #1 ?
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

The older thread title becomes the thread title of the merged threads by default.
  3. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Not the oldest post?
    Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Adam Howard

Should be the oldest post, not thread.... Any ways, it was the newest post that became the topic starter. The original topic starter was older than the post.
  5. Adam Howard

Was expecting the oldest post to remain the topic starter, yes. That was not what ended up happening.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this. I merged two threads:

"Source" - older, first post by A
    "Target" - newer, first post by B

Merged into "Target", now shows as being by A (as that's the first post). Basically, the thread should be owned by whatever post is showing up as first.
  7. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Weird, I can read this thread, but I can not see this thread in the (sub) forum thread list. I saw this thread on forum_list in last_post.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

"Show Ignored Content"... but this isn't really related to the bug.
  10. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

@AndyB is one of the nicest guys here whom I know from another forum software community, I don't ignore Andy.
    AndyB likes this.
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

He didn't start the thread.
    Marcus likes this.