Implemented Merge threads

gldtn

I did a quick search here to see if this was already suggested, but did not find anything. Also I'm not sure if this already exist as I don't see a clear way of doing it. But I think a merge thread feature would be nice..

Again, pardon me if this was already suggested!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Merging threads is already possible using the moderator tools.

Select the two threads and the option to merge will then be available.

is there any chance a future version of xen will allow you to merge threads by pasting the URL to the merge threads box?

say you know the item needs merged with another thread, but that thread could be 3 months old, and you have no idea what forum it's in. You can find it via the search function, but that doesn't solve looking through endless pages of a forum directory to tag it. If you could just paste the url of the 2nd thread to be merged, it'd be 20000000x times easier. Please?

When you're in a thread, you can use the thread tools drop down to select the thread for moderation. You don't need to search the thread lists.

I realize this is an old thread but saw no reason to start a new one. I do not have the merge thread option in my drop-down. I see the move posts into existing thread which would work but not seeing a merge thread. I am ticked as super moderator with all the boxes checked.

mergethreads.webp

Ok... I am still a bit confused. I have two threads open which I need to merge. I have selected the moderation option in both the threads like this:

8chrM35.png

I see no option to moderate the two selected threads. What am I missing!

Top Bottom