• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Merge doublepost?

F

Floris

I can't double post, it greys out when I click submit. Of course, I am sure I could "hammer" enough to cheat the flood system, but average usage shouldn't cause double posting?

Dean

Our users on our forum would not like having follow up posts merged if that is what you mean. Not at all.

TheRevTastic

Don't know if this has been suggested before, or if it is already implented, but I have seen this done on vb forums where if you makes posts right after each other they get automatically merged, and I was thinking why not make this a built in function for xenforo, also just to test if it already works I will now double post lol.

Dean

If I intend to make 1 post, I make 1 post. The same applies to making 2 posts.

I really do not need to inconvenience people by merging their posts.

KURTZ

---MAD---

Howdy,

A useful addon I used for vB was the automerge multiple posts which basically merges posts by the same user if they are posted after each other. This saves moderators a lot of time having to deal with double/triple posts and stops users from bumping threads too often.

I would however suggest imposing a time limit on this and making it only merge posts that are made on the same day so the user's new information isn't missed by those interested in his/her thread.

Thoughts?

Thanks

CyberAP

I have the same plug-in in my forum and hope this feature will be implemented or available through the plug-in system.

I don't understand. No links on this thread leads to an existing 'post merge' plugin... yet I've seen it on some xenforo sites I am on... Can someone here PLEASE link me to this plugin!

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Merging posts is possible via the moderation tools.

I am not aware of an add-on which does it automatically.