1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merge doublepost?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by KURTZ, Jul 29, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

what about this feature? i think this should be integrated in this forum ... :)
    Moddis, Renegade, Wuebit and 5 others like this.
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

I can't double post, it greys out when I click submit. Of course, I am sure I could "hammer" enough to cheat the flood system, but average usage shouldn't cause double posting?
  3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Our users on our forum would not like having follow up posts merged if that is what you mean. Not at all.
  4. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Don't know if this has been suggested before, or if it is already implented, but I have seen this done on vb forums where if you makes posts right after each other they get automatically merged, and I was thinking why not make this a built in function for xenforo, also just to test if it already works I will now double post lol.
  5. TheRevTastic

Does it work?

Edit: nope it doesn't.
  6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

If I intend to make 1 post, I make 1 post. The same applies to making 2 posts.

I really do not need to inconvenience people by merging their posts.
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  7. TheRevTastic

Doesn't really inconvenience people, plus a lot of sites have a rule against double posting etc.
  8. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

This is best suited to a mod - if sites want to have an inconvenient rule like that then it's up to them.
  9. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

@ XenMods: pls merge with this :)
  10. ---MAD---

---MAD--- Well-Known Member

A useful addon I used for vB was the automerge multiple posts which basically merges posts by the same user if they are posted after each other. This saves moderators a lot of time having to deal with double/triple posts and stops users from bumping threads too often.

I would however suggest imposing a time limit on this and making it only merge posts that are made on the same day so the user's new information isn't missed by those interested in his/her thread.

Anthony likes this.
  11. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

12. ---MAD---

---MAD--- Well-Known Member

You beat me to it, again! I really should start using the search feature before posting ideas :p.
    KURTZ likes this.
  13. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

don't worry mate :)
  14. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

CyberAP likes this.
  15. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Duplicate suggestion, and merged. :)
  17. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I have the same plug-in in my forum and hope this feature will be implemented or available through the plug-in system.
  18. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

Im sorry, I havent searched:(
  19. thegleek

thegleek Member

I don't understand. No links on this thread leads to an existing 'post merge' plugin... yet I've seen it on some xenforo sites I am on... Can someone here PLEASE link me to this plugin!
  20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Merging posts is possible via the moderation tools.

I am not aware of an add-on which does it automatically.