• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

mercAnalytics

Robbo

This is a simple mod that just adds a permission to the usergroups so that you can decide what groups uses google analytics. I can see it being useful for startup sites so that you don't log yourself and other admins and think you have more traffic than you actually have.

Just one permission added:
mercAnalyticsPermission.webp

Enjoy.

Attachments

Looks interesting, but I don't think people wants to subtract how many page views, unique visitors, etc, they get at their forum. ( from GA stats )

But, thanks for the mod, :) .

Looks interesting, but I don't think people wants to subtract how many page views, unique visitors, etc, they get at their forum. ( from GA stats )

But, thanks for the mod, :) .
Its for removing groups that don't require tracking.

For example, you wouldn't really want to track moderators or administrators, as you know they're active and going to be visiting often. This would allow you to get true statistics of visitors and members.

Good idea for very little forums. If i have a forum with 100 online user and 1k unique visits in a day, what's the difference to have 10 visits less in my GA? (10 visits from the staff). I think the visits of staff doensn't alter the ga stats...but if you have many staffer and very low user activity, this addon can be very useful.

Good idea for very little forums. If i have a forum with 100 online user and 1k unique visits in a day, what's the difference to have 10 visits less in my GA? (10 visits from the staff). I think the visits of staff doensn't alter the ga stats...but if you have many staffer and very low user activity, this addon can be very useful.
Google can't tell whether someone is or is not staff, so they'd display every visit and hit as a visitor.

Nice idea. I'll give it a try when I turn on my new board as I personally like to omit the stats of myself and other 'helpers' because it tends to artificially inflate the boards analytics.

Google can't tell whether someone is or is not staff, so they'd display every visit and hit as a visitor.

I'm not talking about this, my thought is that the visits by the staff is very low and doesn't alterate the global stats.
But this addon can have multiple uses, track the visits of specific usergroup on your choice.

I'm not talking about this, my thought is that the visits by the staff is very low and doesn't alterate the global stats.
But this addon can have multiple uses, track the visits of specific usergroup on your choice.

You'd be surprised on what input staff members bring to your website.
Let's say that here (at XenForo.com) a rough 3% is Staff. That makes a difference.

Its for removing groups that don't require tracking.

For example, you wouldn't really want to track moderators or administrators, as you know they're active and going to be visiting often. This would allow you to get true statistics of visitors and members.
I understand what you were talking about from your first post.

But, what I was saying is, staff members are real visitors too, so if you're selling ads, you might want to show the buyer the real traffic stats of everyone on the site, ;) .

I understand what you were talking about from your first post.

But, what I was saying is, staff members are real visitors too, so if you're selling ads, you might want to show the buyer the real traffic stats of everyone on the site, ;) .
I wouldn't pad stats to make a profit, sorry.

You'd be surprised on what input staff members bring to your website.
Let's say that here (at XenForo.com) a rough 3% is Staff. That makes a difference.
IMHO it depends on the page^^

piwikstat.webp
As you see 7 teamposts vs 150 userposts today^^

on an other:
piwik3.webp

b2t:

i prefer piwik and not google analytics
badteeth.gif

Yeah this is mainly something I needed on a startup forum so I can see the true statistics instead of a lot from Administrators and Developers who are usually viewing the forums multiple times every day to check for bug reports etc. Bigger forums wouldn't need this as much.

That isn't entirely true, with vBSEO I was able to have my usergroups reported as User Defined Values and could segregate them via the Advance Segments feature.

This reminds me, I never got around to getting this for XF. *makes mental note*

OK, but why isn't there a place to put your analytics code, or is that meant for insertion elsewhere?
You add your analytics info into XenForo? Has nothing to do with this mod... all this does is prevent XenForo from outputting the info for analytics at certain times.

Top Bottom