merc NUNS (New User Notification System) [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ragtek,
I seem to have some new issues with NUNS. It has worked fine til a few weeks ago. Suddenly the 'members' tab disappeared from the tabs and along with it NUNS only works partially. I have it set to send an automatic 'welcome' message onto their wall, which is no longer happening. The message to their 'conversation' inbox, however, is still being sent. I haven't tweaked the settings and all is still 'checked' but it's not welcoming them on their wall.

Any suggestion?

Cha~zay

Just to let everybody know what the problem was:

The user who was set to create the profile post, had a new username, but the option ( w
hich user should create the Profile Post? )
wasn't changed.
So NUNS wasn't able to find the user (because the old username was saved in the option)

I've added it to my bugtracker https://github.com/ragtek/NUNS/issues/5
I wouldn't say it's a real bug in the add-on, but i'll try to fix it for the next version:)

pls have this in mind when somebody changes the name;)

Awesome help, Daniel! Thank you so very much for your help, and a GREAT product. I definitely recommend everyone getting this. It's just wayyyyy too tedious to welcome everyone manually. This has made my life much more simple and more efficient!​

OK, we ran into another problem. For some reason, I have not been getting new members for a few days. One writes that, when they get the acknowledgement email, when they click on the link, they are taken to some code within your add-on, as opposed to being able to sign up. So something is very wrong here. I've restored the previous version of NUNS until we see what's going on here.

Just a follow-up. I checked the site where I downloaded the Helper.php file. I found something dated five days ago. Installed that, and it seems the problem is solved. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom