1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Menu Beside Alerts

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by iguanairs, Mar 20, 2015.

1. iguanairs

iguanairs Member

I have run searches and read dozens of posts about adding navigation to the navbar. I am looking to add a drop menu on the right of the Alerts menu though and haven't found anything about that.

I tried mimicking the code but am doing something wrong. I realize I am modifying the navigation_visitor_tab and can get a simple link to work. I just want to be able to create the same style menu the other 3 links display. I am creating a staff menu that will grant them quick access to certain forums. (I use forums as a means to handle reports, discuss the site, etc.) I just want everything to look the same. Is there a thread on making your own menu like that which I have missed? I doubt this is difficult but I can't get it to work and I am frustrated now. lol

I was going to title it "Staff" and wrap it with a conditional to only show for my staff. Then i was going to add 4 basic links to different sections. That's it. lol