Members signature (tapatalk)

tommydamic68

Is there some sort of default setting for members using Tapatalk and automatically putting their status as "Using tapatalk"…? I see this on many new members - what the????

I believe these members signed up via Tapatalk free version. The first minute they sign up using Tapatalk (specifically free version), "Using Tapatalk" will be injected into members' status update and signature. Apparently there's a big registration loophole. People can sign up using TapatalkID and via Sign In option (even they don't have account on your forum).

The only solution now is to disable/remove completely Tapatalk plugin on your forum since the "in-app registration" adminCP option has been removed and it won't help even if you alter the config.txt file to disable registrations. Tapatalk developers themselves said they are trying to improve the in-app registration. We'll see. :whistle: Many forum owners have already removed Tapatalk plugin from their forums. I am near to remove Tapatalk plugin.

In short, this is non-xenForo related issue. You might have posted in wrong section.

Yeah, unfortunately more than half of my members use Tapatalk. Even with the responsive style, they don't care for it, oh well, its not a biggie, just curious why it was input there.

Top Bottom