XF 1.1 Members getting logged out when they open new tab.

jonsidneyb

I have several people telling me that they are getting logged out once in awhile when they open a link in a new tab.

I have not been able to reproduce it but the number of people this is happening to is sufficient to know something is wrong.

Any ideas on what could be going on.

Do you run multiple xenforo instances on the same account that they might browse as well?
Make sure you use a cookie domain, and path, and prefix, unique for each instance.

Do you run multiple xenforo instances on the same account that they might browse as well?
Make sure you use a cookie domain, and path, and prefix, unique for each instance.

I only have one of my xenforo licences with a forum on it. The other licences are not being used yet. They will be in different accounts when they are used.

Actually i had the same thing happen. It was when a link is in a post. I would click on it and it would ask me to login. I was already logged in at the time. I am still trying to see what cookies settings is correct.

Actually i had the same thing happen. It was when a link is in a post. I would click on it and it would ask me to login. I was already logged in at the time. I am still trying to see what cookies settings is correct.

This probably has to do with it switching between www and non-www.

Well it wouldn't have been because you were forcing it. It would have been just if you were going to your site non-www and the link you clicked on had the www in there that would cause the problem. I had that issue before which is why I added the redirect from www to non-www because my members were having the problem also.

Yes, adding it in htaccess file. It depends if you want to do www to non-www or non-www to www.

I go from www to non-www so this is what I added after the RewriteEngine On

Code:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^domain\.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

I have several people telling me that they are getting logged out once in awhile when they open a link in a new tab.

Wouldn't this be that the user became logged out, but didn't notice they were logged out until they clicked the tab ?
So this isn't about opening a new tab ... it's about getting logged out ?

something to think about.

Nope. That's not the case. It is clicking the link or tab that is logging people out.

Wouldn't this be affecting all members. I have tried and tried to reproduce this and it does not affect me.
Nope.
I'm having this as well.
It seems I am the only affected user.
The forum runs on non-www, but someone put www URLs in their signature. When I click it .. I get logged out.

I also see all the vB3 redirects cause this problem .... as they seem to redirect to www.

In a www. URL ... if I removed the www. and hit enter, I am logged back in again. ( Proving the problem was the www. )

Top Bottom