Lack of interest Membercard / Link to "Your Account Page"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

erich37

Suggestion:

When looking at your own Membercard (when logged-in), you currently see a Link named "Profile Page".

I would suggest adding a Link which forwards you to your own Account-page (domain.com/community/account/) to help you better find your own Account-page.
This Link might be named something like "Account Page" or "Your Account".

membercard_link_to_account_page.webp

Many thanks!

:coffee:

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this wouldn't hold any benefits.

what your proposing click 1 membercard click 2 - leads you to account page when clicking link on membercard account link.

when the current solution is great already when your on any page click 1 usercp tab account = your there.

so why is there already a Link for "Profile Page" at the Membercard, when it is so easy to go to your "Profile Page" already ?
IMHO, the "Profile-Page" is already easy to find via the many Links provided, but it is currently rather difficult to find your "Account Page".

We all are used to XF since about 2 years using it daily. But think of a novice user just visiting your XF-Forum the very first time.
One additional Link when viewing your very own Membercard does not hurt, but will bring some help for novice users.

:p

so why is there already a Link for "Profile Page" at the Membercard, when it is so easy to go to your "Profile Page" already ?
IMHO, the "Profile-Page" is already easy to find via the many Links provided, but it is currently rather difficult to find your "Account Page".

We all are used to XF since about 2 years using it daily. But think of a novice user just visiting your XF-Forum the very first time.
One additional Link when viewing your very own Membercard does not hurt, but will bring some help for novice users.

:p

hehe I knew you were going to post that. TBH - IDK. But I don't know of any easier place to get to member-x profile other than the membercard. I'm not saying it shouldn't be included just basing it off my own user experience but you made a good point for people new the site which I never considered. :)

hehe I knew you were going to agree with me.

;)

There was actually a good reason why I thought it wouldn't benefit but you made a good point about new users so my argument slipped from my leaky brain and I felt it would have been a little selfish of myself considering I am familiar where everything is on xenforo whilst new users are not. :)

It's got me thinking though. Perhaps mike can consider having options for users to include additional data via the style properties like what is done for the additional user data in messageuserinfo/messages with the post count: join date: etc except make it relevant for the membercard. Just a thought not sure whether it would be beneficial.

Sorry if I understood you correctly.
But if the question is how to do this, it is enough find this code: in template member_card

Code:
      <div class="userLinks">

<xen:hook name="member_card_links">
            <a href="{xen:link members, $user}">{xen:phrase profile_page}</a>
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} AND {$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
                <xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></xen:if>
                <xen:follow user="$user" class="Tooltip" />
                <xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $user.user_id}"><a href="{xen:link members/unignore, $user}" class="FollowLink">{xen:phrase unignore}</a><xen:elseif is="{$canIgnore}" /><a href="{xen:link members/ignore, $user}" class="FollowLink">{xen:phrase ignore}</a></xen:if>
            </xen:if>
        </xen:hook>
        </div>

and replace to this:

Code:
 <div class="userLinks">
<xen:hook name="member_card_links">
<a href="{xen:link members, $user}">{xen:phrase profile_page}</a>

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} AND {$user.user_id} == {$visitor.user_id}">
<a href="{xen:link account, $user}">{xen:phrase your_account}</a>

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} AND {$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
<xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></xen:if>
<xen:follow user="$user" class="Tooltip" />
<xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $user.user_id}"><a href="{xen:link members/unignore, $user}" class="FollowLink">{xen:phrase unignore}</a><xen:elseif is="{$canIgnore}" /><a href="{xen:link members/ignore, $user}" class="FollowLink">{xen:phrase ignore}</a></xen:if>
</xen:hook>
</div>

Suggestion: Could we have the dropdown menu in the Membercard? I think this would be a very useful feature. (mockup Below).

View attachment 44834

I am sorry for my English.

And what has to be in this menu?
The user status in the form of a smile?
It will demand аддона, after all this status should be stored, template editing here not to manage.

Top Bottom