XF 1.3 member_list sidebar

SchmitzIT

I notice that on the member_list page, the sidebar modules defined in the template end up placed below the contents of what we added to the ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel template.

Is there any way we can switch the order of this? I do not see a template hook in the member_list template, so I'm not really sure how to influence when that gets added to the page, or how to shuffle the existing blocks around the sidebar_ad templates.

You will need to edit the template directly.

Thanks, Paul. I'd normally move the template code defining the hook the sidebar would be added with to somewhere below the content I'd need to be on top. But seeing there's no hook in the member_list that would determine how or where the normal sidebar stuff goes, I'm not really sure what to edit, exactly.

I am aware XF is moving away from hooks in the near future, but not sure what the new approach is or would be, or how to affect code being added not by means of a hook.

The ad template is included automatically via xen:sidebar.

What I meant was you will need to remove the content from the ad template and add your own custom template in the member_notable template.

You can do that by manually editing it or creating a template modification.

If you have content in the ad template which you want to show on the forum list still, you can use a conditional statement to exclude it from the member_notable template.

The ad template is included automatically via xen:sidebar.

What I meant was you will need to remove the content from the ad template and add your own custom template in the member_notable template.

You can do that by manually editing it or creating a template modification.

If you have content in the ad template which you want to show on the forum list still, you can use a conditional statement to exclude it from the member_notable template.

What if we *do* want to keep the content in the sidebar, and simply only are looking at shuffling the order around a wee bit?

I can see it work by adding a conditional statement specifically excluding the ad_sidebar stuff from the member_list, and then manually inserting all the content manually, but that would lead to the ad-template content being duplicated. If there will be other pages with their own sidebar, it'd mean the content would exist even more often.

I get that, Paul. But if we do need the content there, we'd have no other way then to first exclude the ad_sidebar stuff from the member_list template, and then duplicating the content of the ad_sidebar tempalte into the member_list one.

If we then want to change the ad_template contents, we'd have to edit it twice; once in the member_list specific piece, and another time in the ad_sidebar template.

Does that make sense?

Create a new template for the content.

Include that in both the ad template and your custom member page sidebar template.

In the ad template use the conditional statement.

Top Bottom