XF 1.5 Member Safari hanging when uploading image attachments

Amin Sabet

Hi all,

I have a member who can't do image attachment uploads in Safari on a Mac to my XF 1.5 forum. She can upload fine in Chrome, but from Safari (latest version) in OS X (latest version), when she goes to select the image for upload she gets the spinning beach ball and Safari becomes unresponsive.

Clearing browser cache/cookies/history and disabling browser extensions didn't help.

She just added the following info:

When I tried another upload I looked closely in Activity Monitor at all the processes running and found that there was one quite a ways down in red titled "com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService (Not Responding)" it was taking up 99.8% of CPU and when I forced that process to quit, the frozen Safari dialog box disappeared and I had control of Safari again, though whenever I try again to upload the process reappears in red with (Not Responding).

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

That's not something I've seen before, but if it's that process taking up all of the CPU, it looks like it may be something internal to the browser/OS that's causing the problem. It's unlikely to be directly caused by a web app.

Top Bottom