Member online but really is not?

0xym0r0n

I have 2-3 members who seems to always be on, but they're not REALLY on. I actually know these people in real life and they'll be sitting right next to me on their laptop and suddenly they sign on to the forums. Cleared cache and no saved passwords etc.

Changing passwords didn't work. Deleting and creating a new account didn't work.

The one thing I noticed is they all used facebook to sign-up and sign-on. It appears that once they sign on to facebook from a mobile device... they sign on to my forums automatically?

It's not really something that will hurt my forum but it is annoying to try and talk to someone who really is not there....

The one thing I noticed is they all used facebook to sign-up and sign-on. It appears that once they sign on to facebook from a mobile device... they sign on to my forums automatically?

I'm not a facebooker so I don't know. I assume those users are cookied and are visiting the forum somehow which is automatically signing them in. If they aren't visiting the forum in their browser then maybe it's another request such as the RSS feed or an attachment or something inline.

Top Bottom