1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Member list permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by RustyDogma, Dec 22, 2014.

1. RustyDogma

RustyDogma Member

I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question, but I tried to search on this and keep coming up with old info.

I do not want my unregistered or registered users to see who is online (neither in the 'who is on-line now', nor in the members list), except for staff. I thought that was possible without an add-on in 1.4, but I cannot find the option. Or maybe I do need an add-on, but I'm not sure which one.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

"View member lists" and "View member profiles" are the permissions. The online list in the sidebar is not controlled by permissions IIRC.
    RustyDogma likes this.
  3. RustyDogma

RustyDogma Member

Oh, and I cannot control who is seen? I want my unregistered users and registered guests to see the staff, just not the whole list. Does an add-on accomplish more control over this?
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can edit the template to surround it with conditionals to limit who sees the online members list.