XF 2.1 Member Count

WLF

The forum home page says there is 80,636 members.
When I select Batch Update Users with no criteria I'm told there are 219,564 users.

First question, is there a difference between members and users in terms of terminology?

Second question probably follows on or is explained by first, but why when I batch update users and confirm deletion, does the member count not drop.

I've also attempted a rebuild of the member cache, hoping that may reduce the numbers.

Ultimately, my forum has nowhere near 80k members, and there's been a lot of spam sign-ups that I'm looking to clear.

I only have 414 banned users.

I've done some playing around deleted loads of accounts 'Awaiting Email Confirmation' and that has definitely narrowed the gap to 81k users.

So I found another big bunch to delete, of Registered users with 0 posts, all lurking with websites in their profiles. Now deleted.

My user count is now 26,570. But my member count is 80,604, which now seems counterintuitive to what I began with.

Tried rebuilding user cache in case that was needed to refresh such data, but no change.

Surely there's an easy way to refresh the member count....

In ACP > Users > Search For Users, scroll down and hit the Search button; you'll get all the usernames in your DB (scroll to the bottom of the first page list to see the total count). Then go back and select "Valid" only, and "Not Banned" ... then hit the Search button. Scroll down and the count of users you see should match what XF uses for the "Members" widget stat.

Top Bottom