Lack of interest Member Card To Reflect Privacy Setting

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

DRE

Xenforo designed the member card to be a quick and easy way to view a member's profile information without having to view their profile page. The idea was to save resources and prevent having to go on another page.

Nice idea but the current member card does not respect out privacy setting. The member card then functions as an invasion of privacy and useful stalker tool.

Although you can hide the member card from specific usergroups using permissions that is not fair for people who want their member card to be viewable by all.

When we click on our privacy settings and select either 'Members Only' or 'People You Follow Only' it hides our profile page.

Can you include an option that allows us to hide our Member Card according to the options that are selected in Privacy Options?

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
How To Hide From Spammers

Any site I'm on I usually try to set my profile on invisible and hide my email. Hiding your email is a no-brainer but hiding your profile is not. Spammers use software like xrumer to post spam on other people's profile pages. The privacy settings on xenforo hides our profile pages but it does not hide our member cards. Our member card reveals information about us such as direct links to our latest posts, status information, where we live and other information that could be copied and used as spam or abused by spammers.

Can you include an option that allows us to hide our Member Card according to the options that are selected in Privacy Options?

I'd like to see this added as default as well. People will just assume that if they set profile privacy options up that it will be site-wide.

Top Bottom