XF 1.5 Member activity permissions

Glockie

Hi all,
Just a quick question and I am sure I have seen it somewhere, but perhaps I am overlooking it..
Is there a way to prevent members from viewing what other members are viewing?

As in do the usergroups have the permission set to disable viewing other members activity?
Example, click a user name and - last seen a moment ago - rather than viewing latest content.

Many thanks in advance. :)

No.

Generally, options that affect privacy should always be at the choice of the user.

You can set the default for new users in Admin CP > Options > User Registration

No.

Generally, options that affect privacy should always be at the choice of the user.

You can set the default for new users in Admin CP > Options > User Registration

It is and in this case I am being asked by an overwhelming majority. If anything it diversely affects privacy, as other members are always able to monitor/view what other members are doing.

So in effect, if always at the choice of the user, an entire usergroup - say for the majority of users in a group, as administrators we should really have the availability to prevent some usergroups from viewing what others are doing.
By not having this option, every other member can actively view what other members are doing.
Hope I am making sense..
Anyway thanks again.

It is and in this case I am being asked by an overwhelming majority.
Then surely you can instruct them how to hide their activity? You could put it as a post and create a notice that shows to everyone, linking to the post. Everyone who visits your site will see it and adjust their privacy if they want to. Those who don't visit aren't active and won't have any activity to show anyway.

This, plus the default registration setting that Chris mentioned should surely solve the problem.

Top Bottom