Member Account Upgrade Question

Divinum Fiat

Hi all,

I just did a test purchase pretending to be a member wanting to upgrade my account. Payment and flow went through fine. However, when I came back to the forum there was a message saying that only after the payment has been approved will the member be upgraded. Oh, that's not good. So I went to check the email I received from Paypal and there are no instructions on how to approve the payment.

In other words, do upgrades have to be handled manually?

Is there any way this can be automated?

Thank you!

No, they don't have to be approved manually.
PayPal is merely waiting for the payment to be approved their side. If the money was already in PayPal funds, that should be authorised immediately.
It can vary on, from where the funds came from...

Source: PayPal
They are waiting for the funds to clear from a bank account. Depending on the source of the deposit, it can take up to 5 business days to actually clear into your account, even when it takes it out of the bank account immediately.

Thank you, trilogy33. I see that the account was approved, however, as a member I was never informed that it was approved, so it threw me for a loop. Is there a way to amend this message somewhere in a template and say that they can just go and use the upgraded forums now?

Top Bottom