Not a bug Meggages count in search forum

MichaelR

Affected version
2.2 rc1
So in the forum view (when looking at a search forum), when you have a little over 200 threads in a search forum stats you see 200+ threads. When you don't have any messages/replies you see "200 messages" and no matter if you add another thread, its stays 200 messages in the stats. I guess until the next bracket (1K+?) or if you really have more then 200 messages.
No idea why the + is missing (so it makes it the same as threads) after the messages. Also no idea if its a bug but it looks strange to me so i forward it just to be sure.

chrome_tAxKO2Oh8s.png
chrome_jZg90QNElI.png

Last edited:
With search forums, you choose a maximum number of results to display (200 by default). If the returned number of results is equal to the maximum, we display a plus sign to indicate there may be more results than those which are displayed. The message count is (roughly) equal to the number of messages in the set of displayed threads.

There is some nuance here, as we have to compensate for permissions. Strictly speaking we fetch more results than the maximum, but only include the maximum number of results in the counting process. The counts may differ slightly from the displayed threads since the exact set of displayed threads can vary from user to user, but it should be fairly close in most cases.

With search forums, you choose a maximum number of results to display (200 by default). If the returned number of results is equal to the maximum, we display a plus sign to indicate there may be more results than those which are displayed. The message count is (roughly) equal to the number of messages in the set of displayed threads.

There is some nuance here, as we have to compensate for permissions. Strictly speaking we fetch more results than the maximum, but only include the maximum number of results in the counting process. The counts may differ slightly from the displayed threads since the exact set of displayed threads can vary from user to user, but it should be fairly close in most cases.
Totally clear now. It makers sense and i have to be honest, i forgot about the 200 max by default.

Top Bottom