Medical Victims Advocacy Coalition

Gabby

It's simple and clean I think. We are about to add many medical conditions and procedures. If you or a loved one have been a victim of medical malpractice, medical abuse, drug reactions, procedure reaction and so on, please feel free to join. Victims of Medicine, families of victims and individuals giving support are most welcome.

I had to can my "design" guy because he said he had XF experience but really didn't so logo looks like crap as well as forum looked like crap. So I'm stuck making main site and forum community again. Which is what I never wanted to do but oh well as this is the best I can do with my very limited knowledge.

gailsault.com main site
gailsault.com/ourcommunity

I think the two sites look close enough. LOL

The slogan will eventually read... Medical Victim's Advocacy Coalition

Any idea for logo within same idea would be great.

Thank you...

Gabby

Last edited:
Nice style but noticed some issues (perhaps they are as designed).

When you hover over the .tabLinks the line height you have set displays some extreme spacing.

you might want to lower the height of this to a lower value. You currently have it set to 40 something

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a { line-height: 25px; }

You also have remnants of a blue coloured border on the sideblock and categoryStrip not sure this is intentially the way you want it or a oversight. But overall, some nice customisations you've made @Gabby - Nice work. :)

To add to the areas that are still default blue - the highlight as you mouse over the subforums, still has that blue background which appears briefly. @Shelley and I did battle with that issue a week or so ago, it can be a pain to fix.

I'd be interested to see how your threads look, but you have to be a member for that :)

One other thing, just a personal bugbear for me - the VIP Users block, while a nice addition, looks a bit offputting with so many of the VIPs not bothering have an avatar.

Other than those little niggles, it looks good :)

Looks nice Gabby

One thing, since you removed the node icons with "display: none" that makes the height of the nodes to short and things get cut off, like last post area.

Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Node Text Block: Add 36px in the height field.

Wow Thank you all for so much help! It is very much appreciated more than you know.

Shelley. I saw the remnant of blue around the cat block but can find it around the side bar block. Can you screen shot it for me when you can?

Azhria... I was hoping no one would notice the sub forum mouse over. LOL What a pain to try and change. I change one thing and it changes all of the tab. I just gave up on that part. I'll try again another time unless you have some suggestions on how to change the sub forum mouse over without it not changing the entire tab. What I would like is no color at all, just underline hovering. I have the "VIP" section because my forum is brand new and having new members or any of the standard stuff that didn't change quickly makes the forum look very slow, which it is right now.

Qwk.. Thank you for help on that.. I was just going to make a thread about it. LOL All fixed though.

Azhria... I was hoping no one would notice the sub forum mouse over. LOL What a pain to try and change. I change one thing and it changes all of the tab. I just gave up on that part. I'll try again another time unless you have some suggestions on how to change the sub forum mouse over without it not changing the entire tab. What I would like is no color at all, just underline hovering.

I think the css you need is:-

.nodeStats dl, .subForumsPopup a:hover {background: none transparent !important;}

.Popup .PopupControl.PopupOpen, .Popup.PopupContainerControl.PopupOpen {
background: none transparent !important;}

.Popup .PopupControl.PopupOpen:focus, .Popup.PopupContainerControl.PopupOpen:hover {
background-image: none transparent !important;}

Wow Thank you all for so much help! It is very much appreciated more than you know.

Shelley. I saw the remnant of blue around the cat block but can find it around the side bar block. Can you screen shot it for me when you can?

Azhria... I was hoping no one would notice the sub forum mouse over. LOL What a pain to try and change. I change one thing and it changes all of the tab. I just gave up on that part. I'll try again another time unless you have some suggestions on how to change the sub forum mouse over without it not changing the entire tab. What I would like is no color at all, just underline hovering. I have the "VIP" section because my forum is brand new and having new members or any of the standard stuff that didn't change quickly makes the forum look very slow, which it is right now.

Qwk.. Thank you for help on that.. I was just going to make a thread about it. LOL All fixed though.

The blue border is right at the bottom before the shadow.

Screenshot_1.webp

Trying something different with my style. Tired of the same ol' look.

Be gentle. LOL

Thank you,:love:

Gabby

new style.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom