Media Questions

Maxxamillion

I currently own XF, but ever since the media option came out for it ive been on the fence about getting it as i have a few concerns. Hopefully you can answer them for me.

1.Am i able to disable the image upload options, i only wish to allow video embedding?
2.I know this is a long shot but ill ask anyways, is it possible for me to import the current videos from xenmedio to the new media gallery?

thank you

Last edited:
I can't comment on the Xenmedio import as I've not used it.

You can disable image uploads per category as @Tracy Perry has said. You can also disable by setting the image max filesize to 0 in XFMG image options if using global quotas. If using permissions, you can set image max filesize to 0 there.

I can't comment on the Xenmedio import as I've not used it.

You can disable image uploads per category as @Tracy Perry has said. You can also disable by setting the image max filesize to 0 in XFMG image options if using global quotas. If using permissions, you can set image max filesize to 0 there.
thanks, ive found it but im unsure as to what this means http://prntscr.com/8fgkfd is this something i should tick or no

Last edited:
It means media ID 999 in XenMedio would be media ID 999 in XFMG.

If you want to manually redirect URLs then this option makes it easier, though there is a built in system to handle redirects.

It means media ID 999 in XenMedio would be media ID 999 in XFMG.

If you want to manually redirect URLs then this option makes it easier, though there is a built in system to handle redirects.
may i ask what you would suggest? do i leave it unticked? im really not the most knowledgeable when it comes to things like this @Mike

Last edited:
If you already had the gallery installed with media uploaded, then you wouldn't be able to use that option as the IDs would already be in use.

However, for a new gallery with no content, it's really up to you.

Top Bottom