XF 2.3 Media Gallery upgrade error

I finished the forum upgrade to 2.3, but the media gallery upgrade stopped with an SQL error. Any suggestions on this one?

The current version is 2.2.6, and I tried to upgrade to the current 2.3

PHP version 8.2.21
MySQL version 10.5.20 (10.5.20-MariaDB)

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: xf_mg_media_item: MySQL query error [1118]: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 207
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 83
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 158
XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 157
XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() in src/XF/Install/InstallHelperTrait.php at line 897
XF\AddOn\AbstractSetup->alterTable() in src/addons/XFMG/Setup.php at line 2723
XFMG\Setup->upgrade902030010Step3() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 124
XFMG\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 73
XFMG\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOnController.php at line 617
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOnController->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 362
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 264
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 121
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 63
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2777
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 798
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 15

Last edited:
Never mind, I found the solution.

I had to run the following command in PHPMyAdmin.

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_mg_media_item ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

Another extension had the same issue, but the above one also solved that (just had to use the other table name ofc)

Back
Top Bottom