Media Filter by AddonsLab

Media Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.8.0

No permission to buy ($69.99)

AddonsLab

AddonsLab updated Media Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Optimization for boards with large number of custom field choices

In this release, we have optimized the product for the boards which use custom fields with thousands of possible choices.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fixed a PHP error when running the task "Rebuild Media Fields"

In this version, we fixed a PHP error when running the task "Rebuild Media Fields". We have also fixed the Optimize button being active in Enhanced Search configuration even after optimization.

https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are...

Filter by keywords and tags

This version introduced two substantial enhancements - ability to filter media by keywords and tags. Both features are configurable and can be turned off in product's options. Keyword search can be configured to search in media title only or both title and the description. Both fields support AJAX mode. In the background, XenForo search engine and the cache is used to filter the media.

View attachment 185141

The version also has a stability enhancement fixing PHP errors logged in the...

Multiple choice fields search enhancement

The default behavior of the product to search multiple values of the same custom field is to find any items which match to any of the options selected. For example, if a resource item is created with the values of a custom field put as "option 1" and "option 2", and another resource item is created with the same custom field having a value "option 1" only, then a user filtering the list checking both "option 1" and "option 2" in the form would see both resource items in the results. With...

Bug-fix: incorrect cached results when different custom fields use the same values

This is a bug-fix release the fixes the case of having incorrect results shown when two custom fields have identical values. As a result, the cache from the search results executed against one of the custom fields could be used when searching for the second custom field.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any...

Elasticsearch 2.x compatibility with other minor fixes

The version fixes a PHP error caused by Elasticsearch 2.x incompatibility. Your installation is not affected by the issue if filtering brings any results with ES enabled. We have also implemented a new option to set Cache TTL controlling how long the results of the search should be cached in the MySQL database. Setting the option to 0 will disable the cache. The option should be used only to troubleshoot issues that could be caused by invalid cache.

Due to a limitation on how many items are...

Major update planned

Hello everyone,

we are planning a major update of all our Filter add-ons. Please check the details we have posted for Thread filter add-on - https://xenforo.com/community/resou...-addonslab.6034/updates#resource-update-31171

The price for this add-on and other filter add-ons will be changed to 59.99 USD with 40 USD branding removal fee. The change applies to new purchases only, nothing changes for existing services.

Thank you!

Very interesting add-on. But I don't know if we can "batch" apply fields to multiple photos? Otherwise, if anyone upload multiple photos, it takes a lot efforts. Thank you!

Very interesting add-on. But I don't know if we can "batch" apply fields to multiple photos? Otherwise, if anyone upload multiple photos, it takes a lot efforts. Thank you!

The way the custom fields are applied to items is not in the scope of this add-on and is not modified in any way. The point of the add-on is to find media items based on different custom field values. You may suggest XenForo developers, to make it possible to apply the same custom fields to all photos uploaded at once or ask if any other development service providers are interested in implementing such a feature. Most likely our filter add-on will support the implementation out of the box, and in case there are any incompatibilities we will have a look at it.

Thank you!

I have a custom script to batch update thread custom fields (for my needs). If there is an interest in it, pm me. But you are looking for a media one, so you have to ask someone to develop it unless AddonsLab wants to integrate it somehow.

I have a custom script to batch update thread custom fields (for my needs). If there is an interest in it, pm me. But you are looking for a media one, so you have to ask someone to develop it unless AddonsLab wants to integrate it somehow.
Wow that'd be a good move for the Media Filter add-on, since we're all upload multiple images at once. It'd save time quite a lot.

@AddonsLab : is there any chance you can intergrate that into Media Filter addon?

And one more suggestion, is about how to browse the images after filtered. For example:
I have 10 images in an album, the order is: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
After do the filter, there're 3 image match the criteria: 2 - 7 - 10
Then, if I click into image 2, it will go to image 2 page, and if I click "next", it will go to image 3 page as usual. Then we can't browse the filtered image list in the order 2 - 7 - 10.

I know this might be difficult to implement, since it's the core of XFMG. But, just my opinion on the issue.

Hello, @phong.vt

I am afraid a custom script to assign custom field values for threads has no use at all for what you suggest, which is a UI + back-end enhancement and is simply not anyhow related to filtering of media.

Then, if I click into image 2, it will go to image 2 page, and if I click "next", it will go to image 3 page as usual. Then we can't browse the filtered image list in the order 2 - 7 - 10.

This might indeed be difficult to implement, so we have not ETA on when we could do it, but once we have some time to enhance this product further we will definitely consider this feature.

Thank you!

Dependency added: [AL] Core Package

This is a minor release, that changes the way the add-on is using some of our shared PHP classes. From now on, the add-on will require a core library package from https://xenforo.com/community/resources/al-core-package.7382/ to be installed. Please download the package and install it before upgrading the add-on. Please upgrade all other AddonsLab add-ons you are using to their latest versions if you see an error in the Admin Panel about files with unexpected content.

The new...

Major update - Faceted search, location filter and more

Hello everyone,

This is the major update announced earlier. The amount of work involved was much larger and we could not manage it in the timeframe planned initially, but the development is finally over and we are excited to release this upgrade now.

Due to the larger amount of work involved we decided the final price for the product will be 69.99 USD with 40 USD yearly renewal price. As announced before, the change of the price does not affect our existing customers in any way.

The most...

PHP error prevention with manually modified filter links, Elasticsearch 7.x support

If the filter URL is modified and the values of multiple-selection fields are changed intentionally (e.g. with an attempt to cause an error in the website or execute SQL injection), there would be a PHP error logged in the admin panel. However, this would not cause any visible errors or unexpected SQL queries. With this release, we have made sure these invalid values don't make their way to built-in XenForo functions that expect only valid values.

This version also fixes a compatibility...

Is the Media Gallery on your demo forum still not upgraded to 2.2 yet? I'm excited to see how the filter addon works with XF2.2's ajax view system in Media Gallery.

Bug-fix: Elasticsearch error when prefix IDs are not numeric

The release fixes a bug, that would cause ES search error "Elasticsearch error: all shards failed". This would happen only if you have Multiple prefix search option activated, and if a user/bot manually modifies the URL to include invalid prefix IDs (which are normally numeric). This is not a security issue as an attacker would not get any error message except that searching failed.

[URL...

Does the Media Filter Addon offer the possibility to make filters persistent per user? This means that the user sets a filter and will find it the next time he logs in or returns to the media.

Is it possible to set filter values as default by the admin?

Top Bottom