Me and Slap commands 1.0.2

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yorick submitted a new resource:

Me and Slap commands (version 1.1) - IRC, Steam, and other chat style /me and /slap commands

This add on adds some chat room style functionality popularised by IRC and still currently used in many other chat programs including Steam.

View attachment 25880

The add on does two things:

1) Replaces and formats a line of text beginning with /me as demonstrated in red above. "/me is pleased" produced the above result.

2) Replaces and formats a line of text beginning with /me as demonstrated in...

Read more about this resource...

Doesn't work for me. What hook is needed to activate this? I might have to install it into the template manually.

One thing I did forget to mention is that the replacement won't happen until after you've refreshed the page.

I've just uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the downloaded package and it works fine for me.

One thing I did forget to mention is that the replacement won't happen until after you've refreshed the page.

I've just uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the downloaded package and it works fine for me.
Okay you're right. I have to refresh. How do I make it indent?

and will you make one that won't have to be refreshed?

To indent:

Edit ThreadView.php and replace <span with <p ( and of course </span with </p )

Then add the CSS I mentioned in the resource to EXTRA.css with the text-indent setting, e.g.:

HTML:
.slap {
color: #006400;
font-weight: bold;
text-indent: 20px;
}

.me {
font-weight: bold;
color: #f00;
text-indent: 20px;
}

With the way it is currently written, it is unlikely that will be possible. There's a lot of things unfortunately in XenForo that do not render immediately after posting. Though there has been a suggestion that expanding the BBCode might achieve this. But this is not something I will do myself.

Yorick updated Me and Slap commands with a new update entry:

Small update: /subscribe command and small fix

1) Added /subscribe command as per Masterchief's request. /subscribe becomes: " * Yorick subscribes to your point of view"

2) Changed the replace string to use <p tags instead of <span as this is more appropriate for including styling such as text-indent as suggested by The8thLegion.

All previous bugs are still unfortunately an issue.

Read the rest of this update entry...

how would I add more commands?

I want this: /subscribe

*William subscribes to your point of view.
I've included this in the latest update. You can make edits yourself in MeSlap/ThreadView.php or let me know and I'll consider for a future release.

Doesn't work for me, it causes issues with some threads giving a blank page :/
I have to be completely honest: It hasn't been tested with 1.1.3 and also it's in urgent need of some attention.

There are things with this add-on that don't work very well.

Quoted posts are an issue too.

I do intend to update it at some point.

I wrote this before I knew anything about PHP and so it's basically crap. But now I've got better, hopefully I can make this better :p

I know you are busy with bigger and better things, but i am available to do a small contribution for this to be fixed :)

I have actually had an idea on how to fix it, I will test it out. But it depends when I get time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom