MC myadmin - Security Threat - Virus?

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi guys,

I was on the MCMyAdmin site and I was signing up and the "Terms of Service" box was changed to "Tick this box" and on the next page to redirected me to some nasty words. Since then my computer has been going slow. Can someone check the MCMyAdmin site on a safe computer and see if it has a virus?

I wish I could look on the page to check. The page is a darker color right? I believe I was sending them a message or signing up for enterprise or something.

Yup, I went through the signup page for the paid for professional version and it redirected me to Paypal, but nothing suspicious.
I would make a point of downloading and running Malwarebytes on your PC? and checking it over
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

That last things was luckly not a virus. I do wipe my computers just to keep em really clean. I system restore them to factory settings :).

That last things was luckly not a virus. I do wipe my computers just to keep em really clean. I system restore them to factory settings :).
Takes to long for that. Configure it like you want it the first time and then use something like CloneZilla to make a clone of it on a couple of external HD's (for redundancy) and when you are ready, boot from CloneZilla CD and restore to where you were at initial complete setup.

Takes to long for that. Configure it like you want it the first time and then use something like CloneZilla to make a clone of it on a couple of external HD's (for redundancy) and when you are ready, boot from CloneZilla CD and restore to where you were at initial complete setup.
Can be difficult to use:
to run Clonezilla, a lot of free and open source software, e.g. the Linux kernel, a mininal GNU/Linux OS, are required.

As soon as you have:
"a lot of free and open source software, e.g. the Linux kernel, a mininal GNU/Linux OS, are required."
Considering it's an ISO that all you do is burn to a CD... that's not a problem. No different than a Ghost or Acronis CD or installing multiple programs from CD after an initial install.
Burn the ISO to CD, put the CD in the drive, boot from it, choose a couple of simple options and come back in a few hours and walla - your'e done.

Top Bottom