Not a bug Maximum text size in signature bug

Fethi.dz

Hello,

Setting the "Maximum text size" for signature doesn't work as it should. I set the max size to 4 and I could use in signature a size of 7!!!

xf-text-size.webp

It does work. When you create a signature, you can still set text to a larger size than the max in the permissions and it looks like it saves at the larger size. However if you refresh the Signature page (or re-visit it) the text will appear at the max size set in permissions. You will also see this in signatures in posts.

If this is not the case, it's likely that you have the max size set differently in another user group. If so, use Analyze Permissions in the ACP to determine where the settings are.

It does work. When you create a signature, you can still set text to a larger size than the max in the permissions and it looks like it saves at the larger size. However if you refresh the Signature page (or re-visit it) the text will appear at the max size set in permissions. You will also see this in signatures in posts.

If this is not the case, it's likely that you have the max size set differently in another user group. If so, use Analyze Permissions in the ACP to determine where the settings are.

Just test it again on my Admin group, I set the permission to 4 and on the signature page I used a size of 7 and then save it. The thing, after refreshing the page I found that the size went back the the max limit set on the group permission which is 4. My question now, why when I save the signature I don't get the error message!!

That's because there is no error message built into this, it simply adjusts the font size down to the maximum set in permissions.

You are indeed right, no error message set for this option. I think it should be one otherwise what the aim of the option.

Indeed, the silent adjustment was done intentionally as it was generally deemed to be a better approach in this situation than blocking saves when it may not be immediately clear where the error is (for example, when text is pasted in).

Top Bottom