Maximum Guest Views by Waindigo [Deleted]

Hi,
Where would I be able to change the shaded background colour and size of the info box?
I'd like to make the message a little bigger and easier to notice as currently when its displayed there is a big forum ERROR message above it, I'm a little worried some people might not read the info box below as it doesnt stand out.

Also is it possible to replace the "Error" with "See Below:" do you think?

Cheers,
Greg

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 05082014 084703.webp
    Fullscreen capture 05082014 084703.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 132
@Waindigo , hi could this be extended with options to block via IP from threads for 24 hours? something more 'permanent' than cookies, which can be easily bypassed, is a solution I require. SEO is of no concern as far as what google cant see after it.

@Waindigo , hi could this be extended with options to block via IP from threads for 24 hours? something more 'permanent' than cookies, which can be easily bypassed, is a solution I require. SEO is of no concern as far as what google cant see after it.
Please PM me if you'd be interested in contributing to this.

@Waindigo Smacked into 10 of these errors today for some reason. Everything had been going smoothly up until this point. Thoughts?

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/Waindigo/MaxGuestViews/Extend/XenForo/Model/Thread.php:38
Generated By: Russell Street, Today at 9:27 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/MaxGuestViews/Extend/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(38): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/dressedw/...', 38, Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/AlertHandler/Thread.php(19): Waindigo_MaxGuestViews_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThread(Array, Array)
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(234): CTA_FeaturedThreads_AlertHandler_Thread->getContentByIds(Array, Object(bdAlerts_Model_Alert), 171, Array)
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(77): XenForo_Model_Alert->_getContentForAlerts(Array, 171, Array)
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(75): XenForo_Model_Alert->getAlertsForUser(171, 'fetchPopupItems')
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAlertsPopup()
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(186) "http://www.dressedwell.net/forum/ac...4ceb3215828a4116eae113ec&_xfResponseType=json"
["_GET"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(7) "/forum/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(55) "171,1413293205,bebfdf9876efc5f84ceb3215828a4116eae113ec"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Upgraded and everything was fine. Then today I got a completely different error message:

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/Waindigo/MaxGuestViews/Extend/XenForo/Model/Thread.php:38
Generated By: HenryC, Yesterday at 7:44 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/MaxGuestViews/Extend/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(38): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/dressedw/...', 38, Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/AlertHandler/Thread.php(19): Waindigo_MaxGuestViews_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThread(Array, Array)
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(234): CTA_FeaturedThreads_AlertHandler_Thread->getContentByIds(Array, Object(bdAlerts_Model_Alert), 423, Array)
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(77): XenForo_Model_Alert->_getContentForAlerts(Array, 423, Array)
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(75): XenForo_Model_Alert->getAlertsForUser(423, 'fetchPopupItems')
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAlertsPopup()
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(236) "http://www.dressedwell.net/forum/ac...4c1737575cc21332478f6a58&_xfResponseType=json"
["_GET"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(53) "/forum/threads/the-official-henry-carter-thread.1050/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(55) "423,1413890837,d370d2c4327b04eb4c1737575cc21332478f6a58"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@Waindigo - I was just debugging an issue whereby the "Recent Posts" for guests would return "No results found.", turns out it was the addon. Is this a desired effect? If so, can it be disabled?

I'm not requesting a feature Jon, I was trying to report a bug :cautious:
I didn't develop the original add-on, but I think it is safe to assume that this was a requirement of the person who originally contributed to this add-on. I have already paid out of my own pocket to get the rights to this add-on in order to release it publicly for the benefit of the XenForo Community. Would you be willing to make a small contribution to make it work exactly how you would like?

Apologies Jon, I wasn't aware of the back story behind the add-on, or the fact that you weren't personally responsible for writing the original code. I was really just trying to report a bug, if indeed it was one.

The addon is used by a car club that I administer, any contribution it could make towards development at the moment wouldn't be worthy of your time. However, when that changes I will let you know.

That said, I'll go swimming in the scripts and see if I can pull out the feature to make things simple :ROFLMAO:

I was just debugging an issue whereby the "Recent Posts" for guests would return "No results found.", turns out it was the addon.
You might want to check again as it could be something else conflicting, I'm currently using this addon and have no issues with Recent Posts displaying for guests.

I might throw in... I think this might be an addon I used to use... Did this used to be called First Click Free?

Jon -- any chance you could enhance the mod so that it'll redirect to an arbitrary page of our choice?
I was thinking of creating a totally separate, pretty page node to explain to people why they should register...

Top Bottom