Maximum Guest Views by Waindigo [Deleted]

@elvamo I have no idea what you're talking about. Most authors have copyright removal options from their add-ons because sites don't want all these authors add-on copyrights cluttering up their footer. It looks ridiculous and unprofessional.

What is LOOL? Some new form of LOL? Unsure what is even funny about my question!

Yes, there is a paid version. You need to purchase a license, the cost of which will depend on the size of your site and how many Waindigo add-ons are installed. Please send me a PM with this info.

Where can I edit the error message that users get when they have reached their viewing limit.

I would like to change the message below to something more specific to my site...

You have reached the maximum number of views available on this site without registering.
Please Register or Log in to continue viewing the posts!

The phrase is: waindigo_over_view_limit_maxguestviews.

In the Admin Control Panel, there is a Search Phrases tool that can be used to find phrases like this.

Hi,

I have problems with the settings in the ACP with this addon. I entered 5 for Maximum Guest Views, but it only accpets 2 views and then it displays the message.

What could be the reason for this? Do I need to clear somewhere a cache or rerun something?

Thanks

I think it counts thread list pages as well as thread pages

I took this also already into consideration. But still it is a significant difference. Even if I increase this number to even more or less then 5, it allows always only 2.

I found the reason: The counter is correct, but not very logical.

If I go back with the browser back arrow to apge I have been before, it counts this also as a view. So no matter whether you have clicked on that page already or not, as soon as you hit the page again, it counts as a "view". So if you read something and then go back to the last page you have been, this will be counted a second time as a view.

I would find it more logical if it only counts the NEW pages where I have not yet been as views. Anyway. At least I understand it now...

I found the reason: The counter is correct, but not very logical.

If I go back with the browser back arrow to apge I have been before, it counts this also as a view. So no matter whether you have clicked on that page already or not, as soon as you hit the page again, it counts as a "view". So if you read something and then go back to the last page you have been, this will be counted a second time as a view.

I would find it more logical if it only counts the NEW pages where I have not yet been as views. Anyway. At least I understand it now...

Really that's not good as most people return to the thread list after viewing a thread. I thought only threads were counted. Doesnt seem any point in counting the forum homepage and thread list

If you don't like how the add-on works, please drop me a PM to discuss contributing. The way the add-on currently works is the way that the person who paid for this add-on and kindly agreed to allow you to use it wanted it to work.

If you don't like how the add-on works, please drop me a PM to discuss contributing. The way the add-on currently works is the way that the person who paid for this add-on and kindly agreed to allow you to use it wanted it to work.

It's not a criticism, your work is highly valued and respected here.

It's more of a discussion on the best practise on how mods should operate. Perhaps the person who commissioned it may agree that forum homepages and thread lists shouldn't be counted as he may not have considered that.

We were only suggesting that the views should count content pages (ie threads/articles) as opposed to navigation pages.

It's more of a discussion on the best practise on how mods should operate.
If you adjust the maximum number of views based on the way pages are counted I'm sure it will all work out. For instance if you want a guest to only view one page (ie thread) work off the basis that they will travel to that using 3 steps (Homepage->Specific Forum->Thread)

i got this errors daily !!

Code:
Zend_Exception: No entry is registered for key 'session' - library/XenForo/Application.php:959
تم إنشاؤها بواسطة: عضو غير معروف, اليوم في 04:03
Stack Trace
#0 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1497): XenForo_Application::get('session')
#1 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/Waindigo/MaxGuestViews/Extend/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(28): XenForo_Application::getSession()
#2 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(826): Waindigo_MaxGuestViews_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThread(Array, Array, '', Array, Array)
#3 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Sitemap/Thread.php(108): XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThreadAndContainer(Array, Array, '', Array, Array)
#4 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Sitemap/Thread.php(74): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Sitemap_Thread->canView(Array)
#5 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Sitemap/Thread.php(43): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Sitemap_Thread->generateStep('10000')
#6 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php(192): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Sitemap_Thread->generate()
#7 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php(40): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Model_Sitemap->runAllAvailableSiteMaps()
#8 [internal function]: XfAddOns_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run(Array)
#9 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#10 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#11 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999959468842, '')
#12 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999959468842, '', false)
#13 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#14 /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#15 {main}

You really shouldn't be getting this error. Are you sure you are running the latest version of this add-on? It might be a bug with XenForo since we explicitly check whether an entry is registered for key 'session'.

You really shouldn't be getting this error. Are you sure you are running the latest version of this add-on? It might be a bug with XenForo since we explicitly check whether an entry is registered for key 'session'.

i just found that the version i have its 1.0.0d not 1.0.0e

bcuz i use ur install addon and i didnt see any update alert about it

i will update it now and see what will happen 2moro
thanks

how would i go about editing the text notice when they have reached the limited posts, i would like to make the text bigger

There are two phrases you will need to look at:
  • waindigo_max_view_unregistered_maxguestviews
  • waindigo_over_view_limit_maxguestviews
Any other styling issues will just be within regular XenForo templates. To make the text bigger you will need to add some css as required.

Top Bottom