XF 2.1 Maximum file size / dimensions to "insert thumbnail"?

frm

I tried posting a 6000x4000 / 11.61mb jpg as a thumbnail in a post, but it wouldn't allow me and stayed as an attachment only.

I resized it to 3464x2309 / 7.55mb jpg and was allowed to inset it as a thumbnail.

Is there a hard limit where an image can no longer be used as a thumbnail and only as attachment? If so, what are they? File size or dimensions?

Thanks

Possibly ACP > Setup > Options > Attachments > Attachment thumbnail dimensions ?
Thanks, I thought that might have something to do with it as it wasn't set. I went ahead and put it at 0 for unlimited and tried again.

Here are my results for a 6000x4000 image (to insert as a thumbnail) vs the 3464x2309 image:

I don't know whether insert thumbnail is by dimensions or by file size, but obviously, one is smaller in file size as well and will insert as a thumbnail whereas the other one will remain an attachment only (can't be inserted into the post).

Doesn't appear to be applicable to forum posts. I set it to 25000000 as stated (even though 6000x4000 would be 24000000) and same results:

It applys to every upload, but only for newly uploaded files.
The problem was that no thumbnail could be created due to the size of the image and thumbnail creation happens upon upload, not upon insert.

Reactions: frm
Top Bottom