MG 2.2 Maximum allowed storage

Timmie

Could someone tell me if the maximum allowed storage (MB) permission option for upload quotas is per user or per user group?

Also, does this limit include images/attachments that are mirrored into the gallery from forums?

Ideally I'd like to set a storage limit for registered users which includes all images/attachments that are uploaded to the forums and media gallery. Then when this limit is hit they are asked to upgrade their account.

Thanks!

I don't think that's built into Xenforo.
Currently you can only set the maximum size of individual attachments. That is, how big an image or video can be in order to be allowed to upload it at all.
Maybe there is an addon for this or someone can create one for you.

Ideally I'd like to set a storage limit for registered users which includes all images/attachments that are uploaded to the forums and media gallery.
While there is a storage quota for XFMG, there is nothing for regular forum posts.

You could turn off attachments for posts and force XFMG to be used and embed into posts from there.

While there is a storage quota for XFMG, there is nothing for regular forum posts.

You could turn off attachments for posts and force XFMG to be used and embed into posts from there.
So am I correct in saying that images/attachments mirrored from forums into XFMG do not count towards the maximum allowed storage upload quota?

Turning off attachments for posts is not really an option. I'd like to be able to limit all members uploads whether they be through images attached/inserted into forum posts or media gallery uploads to something like 500MB. Once they hit this storage limit they are then asked to upgrade their account if they wish to continue uploading images.

I guess this would be a custom add-on then.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Top Bottom