Max character limit for thread titles

Luxus

There is an option for the max character limit in posts in the ACP, but I can't seem to find an option in the ACP that lets you specify the amount of allowed characters in thread titles. I know that it isn't unlimited, so where is the setting? Is it hardcoded?

library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php

Rich (BB code):
	protected function _getCommonFields()
	{
		$structure = $this->_discussionDefinition->getDiscussionStructure();

return array(
			$structure['table'] => array(
				$structure['key']        => array('type' => self::TYPE_UINT, 'autoIncrement' => true),
				$structure['container']  => array('type' => self::TYPE_UINT, 'required' => true),
				'title'                  => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'required' => true, 'maxLength' => 100,
					'verification' => array('$this', '_verifyTitle'), 'requiredError' => 'please_enter_valid_title'
				),
				'reply_count'            => array('type' => self::TYPE_UINT_FORCED, 'default' => 0),
				'view_count'             => array('type' => self::TYPE_UINT_FORCED, 'default' => 0),

And you also need to change the table definition for xf_thread in the database. You need to extend the length of the title column.

Thanks Jake. Ever since I moved away from myBB I decided I wouldn't touch any core files in forum software anymore. I'm going to stick with the hardcoded limit for now.

Top Bottom