Master Badge [Paid] [Deleted]

You can disable it by edit the file MasterBadge/ControllerPublic/Trophy, comment lines 34 - 37

PHP:
if ($this->_noRedirect())
        {
            return $this->responseReroute('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member', 'trophies');
        }

You need to create more Public/Visible badges then add trophies to them.

View attachment 118471

It looks fine for me, for the avatar icon, you can use the helper to generate the level icon then uses CSS to modify it.
doing this doesnt fix it

not sure if answered, but ever since installing this...clicking on someone points to go members trophies page return

The requested page could not be found.

not all trophies have badges, and i would like members to be able to see all trophies available..how to fix this @Milano ?

Where do you click it? Is that happen on every pages that show user points?

@Milano For some reason my badges are not showing in the postbits, so what am I missing?

Looking at the profile I have the following badge

View attachment 119638

Looking at the postbits nothing showing

View attachment 119639

I have also checked this on the XF default Style same thing

It seems that the auto feature option is not working, if I use the manual option the badge shows in my postbits

View attachment 119645

Like this

View attachment 119646

Fixed. Thanks.

Upload all the files then go to your admin CP find the add-on, choose upgrade and import the XML file.

This looks really promising! May I explain what I'm wanting to achieve and see if this covers all aspects of it?

First off, on my forums I want a ranking system that is primarily based off of post count. I see there is a leveling system, but it seems to be based off of points count. Is this supported for post count as well? Or if not, can I modify something to make it work that way? I don't want to have to make each post count as 1 point, that would not be ideal. The final 10 ranks of my system will be based off of post count, and point count. Can I incorporate this as well?

Also, I would need the icon to display in each user's post showing off their rank under their title.

I see that it says badges are based off of a 'set' of trophies, can badges also be set to a single trophy rather than a set?

Does anyone with this plugin know if my questions above can be achieved?

Based on post count, yes that's easily done. I have around 30 badges for only post count.
Each badge can earn any amount of points. I have 2 points earned for making your first post, 10 points for reaching 1000, 30 points for 15,000.
Badges can't be earned based on point count as far as I'm aware.
Displaying badges on posts is easily done also.

I see that it says badges are based off of a 'set' of trophies, can badges also be set to a single trophy rather than a set?

And yes, this is exactly what I do.

Based on post count, yes that's easily done. I have around 30 badges for only post count.
Each badge can earn any amount of points. I have 2 points earned for making your first post, 10 points for reaching 1000, 30 points for 15,000.
Badges can't be earned based on point count as far as I'm aware.
Displaying badges on posts is easily done also.

And yes, this is exactly what I do.

Italic = This sounds like you make a certain post requirement earn the user a set amount of points, which you then tie to their badge/rank requirement. Is this what you're saying? If so, this could work...but what happens when users get points for other things such as someone liking their post? If this were the case in your scenario couldn't someone achieve the badge for 10 posts if someone liked two of their posts, rather than actually posted 10 posts, since a like grants 1 point? If this is true then the system would be flawed.

Bold = Did you mean to say post count?

Underline = Does this require some code modification, or is it available as an option in this add-on?

Are the forums in your sig the one's you're referring to? I'd love to take a look to see how you use this add-on!

Yes, exactly that. You don't have to earn points for posts likes, set the points earned to zero and users will still receive a badge but no points towards their level.
I allow users to earn points for most things. For example, 100 posts and no likes would be level 3, 50 posts and 50 likes would be level 6. I encourage higher quality posts this way.

No, I meant point count. If I understood you correctly, you wanted to give users points for reaching X amount of points which is not possible.

Displaying "featured badges" is a built-in option, and badges can be automatically featured. I've yet to try it, but I think it features the latest badge you earn.

And yes, it's the forum in my signature.

Yes, exactly that. You don't have to earn points for posts likes, set the points earned to zero and users will still receive a badge but no points towards their level.
I allow users to earn points for most things. For example, 100 posts and no likes would be level 3, 50 posts and 50 likes would be level 6. I encourage higher quality posts this way.

No, I meant point count. If I understood you correctly, you wanted to give users points for reaching X amount of points which is not possible.

Displaying "featured badges" is a built-in option, and badges can be automatically featured. I've yet to try it, but I think it features the latest badge you earn.

And yes, it's the forum in my signature.

Yea, but I'd like to have users earn points for likes and stuff like that. For the majority of my ranks I want them to be strictly post count based, and I don't want to have to turn off point count values for other things. So, under these circumstances I assume I can't achieve it with this add-on?

My apologies, I must not have explained it right. I want to give my users certain trophies/badges for earning X amount of points (which I know is possible), but I also want to give my users ranks based on strictly their post count.

I can't answer the first question fully, I'll let the author do that.

The only way I can think to have ranks based on post count only is if you don't give any points for other non post count badges.

You're correct.

Yea, but I'd like to have users earn points for likes and stuff like that. For the majority of my ranks I want them to be strictly post count based, and I don't want to have to turn off point count values for other things. So, under these circumstances I assume I can't achieve it with this add-on?

I'm sorry, you can't do that, this add-on is built on top of the XF's trophy system, and by default user points are always calculated by the total of rewarded trophy's points.

Hey @Milano, 2 questions.

Could you add an alert when users level up? "Congratulations, you just reached level X!"
Is it possible to move progress to level up into the userinfo block? Just text would be fine, something like Level Progress: 50%

level.png

Maybe some code in a template?

Hey @Milano, 2 questions.

Could you add an alert when users level up? "Congratulations, you just reached level X!"
Is it possible to move progress to level up into the userinfo block? Just text would be fine, something like Level Progress: 50%

level.png

Maybe some code in a template?

1. Maybe, I will take a look at it when I have more free time.
2. Yes, you can use the TMS to do it, just use the $progress.percentage variable inside your modification but the widget settings need to be enabled and only work in forum list.

first of all awesome and realy what we need in our community ;)
is it also possible to add the "level circle" to the message elements sidebar?
thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom