1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MassAlert - Send custom alerts [Paid] 1.1.0

Allows you to send simple messages (with or without links) as Alerts to your users by usergroup.

1. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Darkimmortal submitted a new resource:

MassAlert - Send custom alerts (version 0.1.0) - Allows you to send simple messages (with or without links) as Alerts to your users by usergroup.

Read more about this resource...
  2. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Darkimmortal updated MassAlert - Send custom alerts with a new update entry:

Version 0.1.0

Read the rest of this update entry...
  3. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

ArnyVee likes this.
  4. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Does the cron job for this appear in tools like the native XenForo stuff. I ask because I was wondering if it is easy to change the duration of the mass alert. Some alerts I would want to vanish if not read in as little as three days. I could run the cron manually, that wouldn't be a problem but it would be nice if I could set the duration of the alert when I sent it.
  5. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

6. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

That's a very good idea actually, added in 1.1.0 :)
  7. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Dark, I love this add-on, and will not mind paying for it, as long as I know that they won't auto-magically start disappearing as they did on the previous edition. We had to install 3 seperate times to get them to "refresh" or whatever the issue was. The alert would show, the balloon would appear, but there would be nothing else once hovering over "Alerts".

Are you able to verify that this was addressed?
  8. jonsidneyb

If I buy this now will I be able to get 1.1.0 when it becomes available? :)
  9. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

What a brilliant idea!

Great mod!
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  10. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Yes that bug is definitely fixed :)

It's already available :)

And for future reference, you get all updates instantly via email for the lifetime of the product :)
    Sheldon and ArnyVee like this.
  11. jonsidneyb

I read it wrong. :)

I thought you said what I was looking for was in the next release. I have to stop posting in my sleep.
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  12. jonsidneyb

Money sent.

I kind of think you are cheating yourself a little bit.
    This should cost more.
  13. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Have you fixed the issue where you are required to reinstall this addon? I'd get it but I have to reinstall the old one every two-three weekends otherwise alerts dont show up properly.

Reading the thread it looked like it was fixed...
  14. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Yes it's fixed :)
    Juze likes this.
  15. Brentnauer

Brentnauer Well-Known Member

Is it possible to target only a handful of users within a group, or even a single user?
  16. Juze

Juze New Member

Not really yet, unless you create another group with the users you want in it. Also, private messages are made, of course (for single users).
  17. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

It would be great to work in conjunction with the Social Groups add-on. This way, the Social Group creator/owner can communicate with all of the members of the group.

I know that it's not ideal to offer support/compatibility with another add-on, but would be a nice touch ;)
  18. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

defeats the purpose of the plugin imo.
  19. Brentnauer

Brentnauer Well-Known Member

I disagree :)
  20. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

The best approach is to create a separate group, even if only temporarily. Though for targeting very specific people like that, perhaps a private conversation would be better than an alert

I'm not ruling out a simple username targeting system at some point however :)