Lack of interest Mass Mailer

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Draike

Right now, you either have to keep the "Send mass mail" window open .. or it is not apparent that you can close the window/tab and allow it to keep going.

I think that it should be a background service of some sort, have the email be set up, and then saved to be run either on a schedule, or just whenever the server has the resources available.

8.1k members, and 100 emails at a time takes a lot longer than I anticipated.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Right now, you either have to keep the "Send mass mail" window open .. or it is not apparent that you can close the window/tab and allow it to keep going.

I think that it should be a background service of some sort, have the email be set up, and then saved to be run either on a schedule, or just whenever the server has the resources available.

8.1k members, and 100 emails at a time takes a lot longer than I anticipated.
The last time I sent a mass mail out... it took 4 days for my mail server to handle it all. New registration emails get put at the end of the queue, so some people had to wait quite a long time to confirm their registrations.

I think the mass e-mail feature needs re-visiting... Sometimes, I would send out a mass-e-mail, but it only goes out to the first 1,000....?

I have 2,800+ members, and I think that this needs to be re-visited at some point.

Top Bottom