1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Mass Mailer

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Draike, May 20, 2012.

1. Draike

Draike Member

Right now, you either have to keep the "Send mass mail" window open .. or it is not apparent that you can close the window/tab and allow it to keep going.

I think that it should be a background service of some sort, have the email be set up, and then saved to be run either on a schedule, or just whenever the server has the resources available.

8.1k members, and 100 emails at a time takes a lot longer than I anticipated.
  2. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

The last time I sent a mass mail out... it took 4 days for my mail server to handle it all. New registration emails get put at the end of the queue, so some people had to wait quite a long time to confirm their registrations.
  3. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I think the mass e-mail feature needs re-visiting... Sometimes, I would send out a mass-e-mail, but it only goes out to the first 1,000....?

I have 2,800+ members, and I think that this needs to be re-visited at some point.
  5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member