• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mark Thread as Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

skhms

SK Mark Thread as Read - v1.1.0 - 2011-11-21

Allow users to mark a thread as read without actually viewing the thread.

A 'Mark as Read' link will appear when hovering a thread (in the same manner as the page navigation links) on the forum list, watched threads, unread threads and the recent threads pages.

Click the link and the thread will be marked as read without you needing to open it.

Those with permission to do inline moderation can as an alternative select threads and choose 'Mark Threads as Read' using the inline moderation pop-up.

Tested on XenForo 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 RC1

Installation includes 3 steps. Copy files, install add-on and edit 2 templates.
See intructions in the zip package.

markthreadread_hoover.webp markthreadread_inlinemod.webp

Updated 2011-11-21 - Version 1.1.0 added.
v1.1.0 is updated for XenForo 1.1.x. No other changes are made.

Old version is kept for those still running v1.0.x. Please check which version you download!

/SK

Attachments

This is a nice add-on mate :)

Too bad about the 2 template edits though :(
If I were you I'd request some template hooks there :D

Too bad about the 2 template edits though :(
If I were you I'd request some template hooks there :D
Yeah, it would've been nicer without them...

I know there is some template hooks request thread somewhere but I haven't bother to look it up yet.

/SK

I was hoping to mark threads "Read" with a simple "Hover and Click".
But that's how it works. Hover the thread and a 'Mark as Read' link appears.
It works and looks like the page links that appears when you hover a thread. See the first screencap.

The inline moderation option is just there as an alternative 'cause I know some people liked that on my old vBulletin version of this add-on.

/SK

Thanks for making this one babe - now you just need a "Mark as Unread" :p :p :p
You're welcome :)
Not 100% sure but I think it would be fairly easy to also do an unread function.
Would probably only do that as an inline moderation function though. Don't think I want more hover links to appear.

/SK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom