1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Mark forum read doesn't mark sub forums read?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by SneakyDave, Aug 13, 2010.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is really a bug or a feature, but if I'm in a forum with sub forums, and I mark the parent forum as "read" (using the "mark this forum read" link above and to the right of the list of threads) the sub-forum isn't marked as read. At least that what I assume is happening, when I visit the forum home again, I still see that the parent forum link is bold (unread), until I go into the sub forum, and mark that as "read".

Maybe its a feature? If it is, do you have to visit each sub forum and mark it read if you're not interested in it?

I tried a search, but couldn't find anything related to "mark forum read" and "sub forums".
  2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

3. Floris

Floris Guest

:p I never mark forums read, unless it's on accident.
  4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

How should subforums be handled when marking a forum read? It could get a little complicated, or maybe as simple as a 'subforums' radio button/check box.

5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Shouldn't happen again with the confirmation :D
  6. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Nice find!
  7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've actually always hated how marking a parent forum in vBulletin marks all of the sub-forums as read as well. What if I want to mark only the parent forum and its threads as read, but not the sub-forums? In vBulletin, I can't... but with XenForo's current setup, I can. :cool:

I like it how it is now.
  8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

The link does say, "Mark all forums read"

But I still prefer double clicking the forum icon to mark it read.
  9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

The subject of this thread as well as my post was the marking of forums with sub-forums as read. Not using the forum-wide "Mark all forums as read" button. ;)
  10. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

How are you marking the forum read? I'm missing something.
  11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Above the thread list on the right is the link, "Mark this forum read."
  12. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've never seen/noticed it. Cheers.