XF 2.0 Manually remove avatars

Meadow

I'd like to have no avatars on my forum, and have discovered there's not an easy-to-come-by add-on or a global switch in XenForo's own settings that will just do that for me. I've learned from a support ticket that this is definitely the case, and that the only way is to manually go through the appropriate templates and edit them all until avatars don't appear anywhere on the site.

I'm no stranger to repetitive work and am keen to get on with making it happen, but was advised by the support ticket guy that I should ask on the forums about where and what to do. So here I am, very grateful in advance for anything you can offer.

TL;DR: I want to remove avatars from anywhere they might appear on my forum, which templates do I need to edit and how should I edit them (ie what kind of lines should I be looking for and what should I do to them)?

Much obliged!

What you would want to search for is the xf:avatar tag. But before you do that - I think every avatar has an avatar class. You could add to your extra.less
CSS:
.avatar {
    display: none !important
}
and then see if something looks too weird.

What you would want to search for is the xf:avatar tag. But before you do that - I think every avatar has an avatar class. You could add to your extra.less
CSS:
.avatar {
    display: none !important
}
and then see if something looks too weird.
You beautiful, beautiful human being. That's done it!

Only snag is that the green triangle that shows someone is online is still displaying, eg here:

1521741434790.webp

Don't suppose you've got a fix to make that go away too? Many thanks!

Reactions: MIT
Top Bottom