Manually constructing search URLs

Manually constructing search URLs

Once again, thanks to @Chris D for the assist on the syntax for the non Friendly URLs.

You Da Man GIF by memecandy

Thanks @Brogan - I used some of these techniques in my Content BBCode addon to allow people to craft links to searches in their post content - I should go through your resource more carefully and see if theres areas I can improve my addon.

Conversely, if you identify any issues in the guide, let me know and I'll update it.

I don't use any of that stuff so it hasn't really been tested.

@Brogan This might be sorta the wrong place to ask, but I do quite often use this sort of format for manually linking to searches on my forum, running 2.2:

Code:
https://xenforo.com/community/search/search?title_only=0&search_type=post&c[thread]=194921&c[users]=osieorb18

I was wondering if you have a variation on this that would work for 1.x or if it would be easy enough to figure it out?

I recently joined a 1.x forum that is using shortened search URLs and have been wondering if there's a similarly convenient trick to manual search URLs.

I don't have access to an XF1 installation to check but it should be the same.

I couldn't get grouping to work with the below string:
/search/search?search_type=post&c[nodes][1]=32&c[users]=Oblivion%20Knight&order=date&grouping=1

I'm basically trying to return one result per thread where a user has contributed, within a specific forum, regardless of who created that thread.

Not possible?

How about filters too, especially 'Unread threads'? Is there any way you can create a sort of 'Whats-new/posts' with just a few forums in it?

thanks,

Alex

Hi @Brogan, concerning this part of the code "order": "date", how to reverse it ? Currently, besides with or without this part of code, results are displayed from most recent to least recent, i would like to reverse that. Thanks.

I've been trying to get this to work with a thread prefix. I have this URL after attempting a few other variations:

https://forum.xxxxx.com/search/search?keywords=axaxaxa&t=thread&c[prefixes][0]=1&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

I'm getting results with the correct keyword but results are with and without the thread prefix. Yes, the prefix ID is "1" since it is the oldest and most-used prefix on the forum. The keyword "axaxaxa" is a placeholder for a proper name. I want it to return threads, using a title-only search, returning only threads with prefix ID 1.

A search works in the UI perfectly, but we are rounding up a few easy links for visitors to use and link in specific threads.

Top Bottom