XF 2.1 Manual Upgrade to v2.1.9 installed but ACP says otherwise.

RallyFan

Hi there,

I upgraded to v2.1.9 the day it was released. Renamed my sites primary .htaccess (as I run a Wordpress frontend) to avoid any problems, went to upgrade via ACP, and it just diverted back to my main sites frontend.

"Oh well, that's fine, I'll just manually do it then".

Downloaded 2.1.9 patch, extracted to my webserver into the correct directory.

1588393743832.webp

Cleared my browser cache, logged back into ACP, and it claims it's not installed?? Am I missing something?

1588393338269.webp

1588393373686.webp

If I click the "There are 1 missing files" link it takes me "File Re-Check", which comes back with the same error.

1588393654632.webp

I'm assuming it's installed because it replaced the existing file, and to be honest I am never intending on taking payment anyway on the site, but still prefer to have everything up to date and error free.

Thanks for any responses to this one.

Applying the patch is different than upgrading. If you only applied the patch and didn't perform a full upgrade (manual or otherwise) then this is expected.

Applying the patch is different than upgrading. If you only applied the patch and didn't perform a full upgrade (manual or otherwise) then this is expected.
Gotcha! So that version number will only change if it's automatically applied, or installed as a full upgrade/installation package?

Version number will only increase if you upgrade.
By "Upgrade", do you mean "install upgrade inside ACP", or "download the full release and do an in place upgrade"?

Just means that when the update is installed manually theres no way to confirm it's actually installed (short of file/date properties).

Unless I'm missing something?

Okay, so because I'm simply copying over the files (manually upgrading) it won't change?

But if I upgrade via:
a) GUI (ACP > TOOLS > CHECK FOR UPGRADES > UPGRADE), or
b) CLI (which I am using a shared hosting platform so don't have root access)
the version number will change?

Sorry was just a little confused between upgrading, and doing the upgrade :)

If you are on shared hosting and don't have access to the CLI only option A will work.

And manually replacing a file is not upgrading, that's patching ;)
Cheers I follow you now :)

Looks like I should look deeper into why my upgrades aren't working then (even with .htaccess renamed).

Top Bottom