XF 2.1 Manual Upgrade to 2.1.7

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
Most of the forums I manage can now use automatic upgrade and there were no issues using this.

However, there is still one where I need to use the manual upgrade process.

When I first uploaded the files and went to do the upgrade, there was an error saying

At least one of the file(s) does not contain the expected contents
It didn't not identify which file.

I reuploaded the entire upgrade package again and tried to refresh the page but couldn't so I was seeing the same error.

I started the upgrade anyway which completed without further warnings or errors and all seems to be running fine.

However, it would be nice if
  1. the error/warning identified which files were of concern; and
  2. there was a way to refresh that warning page after re-uploading to see if the package was now okay.

File Health Check just ran on that site and produced this error:

missing svg file.png

Sure enough, even after uploading the all the files twice, that file did not get uploaded. Windows 10 also doesn't identify this as an image file but rather am Internet Explorer "document".

Was this even part of previous Xenforo versions? It looks as though it may have been added in this latest update.

Again, note this only happened on the one forum that won't auto update from the control panel.

My file check is 100% (I'm only at 5,114 files (I was at 5,113 until yesterday which is interesting, as I upgraded today. Not sure where the extra file came from the day before I upgraded), and that particular file is where it belongs.

Sure enough, even after uploading the all the files twice, that file did not get uploaded.
This is going to be a setting in your FTP client. You may want to ensure the client is set to transfer files in binary mode (rather than auto or ASCII).

If the issue persists, then you may want to look at a different FTP client entirely.

Windows 10 also doesn't identify this as an image file but rather am Internet Explorer "document".
Technically SVG files are made up of XML so that's not entirely incorrect or unexpected. Browsers will render them as an image when used in HTML so that's all that matters.

Was this even part of previous Xenforo versions? It looks as though it may have been added in this latest update.
It may be one of the assets from our upcoming site redesign.

I used FileZilla 3.46.3 on a Windows 10 machine, and have never touched the Settings in FZ.

Default transfer type is set to Auto, and SVG is in the list to be treated as ASCII.

I used FileZilla 3.46.3 on a Windows 10 machine, and have never touched the Settings in FZ.

Default transfer type is set to Auto, and SVG is in the list to be treated as ASCII.
That's the default, yes. But for some reason using the default settings that did not get uploaded in two attempts.

Top Bottom