Mandrill sending delays

rdn

I have notice some delays just yesterday up until now.
Does mandrill work fine with your right now?

I've just sent a mass mail from my site, and they have all come through from what I can see

Mandrill Support just replied to me earlier today:
Amanda (Mandrill Support)

Jun 24 05:23 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out about this! In most cases delivery speeds will depend largely on the recipient domain, and how quickly their servers will receive and process incoming email. Most of the major email providers will limit how much email they take in within a specific period of time, and will often restrict delivery—Mandrill's sending servers are designed to queue and back off sending if this occurs.

In looking over the delivery logs for this account, in association with recipients at Gmail and Hotmail, it does appear as though it is taking longer than is expected for mail to be accepted by their receiving servers. It's possible to see when a receiving server has accepted a message by clicking the word 'Delivered' in your Outbound Activity. This will display the SMTP events for a particular email. That said, we are seeing some delays to Gmail, potentially due to load-related issues on our end. Our delivery team is currently investigating the underlying cause of these issues and are making changes as needed to mitigate these delays. During this time, messages are still delivering as expected, but in some cases on a longer than usual timeline.

Thank you for your patience during this investigation, and please feel free to reach back out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

The Mandrill Crew

we are seeing some delays to Gmail, potentially due to load-related issues on our end. Our delivery team is currently investigating the underlying cause of these issues and are making changes as needed to mitigate these delays.

Just send PC from gmail to gmail via forum (using Mandrill) and waiting 5 minutes already, but no email. In Mandrill I can see it's send.

So I guess there are delays.

Weird, I've just done a test and the email took 1 minute and 3 seconds (I used a time stamp in the message body).

Top Bottom