• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Manage your own Thread (without beeing admin)

Lu Kas

Hi guys, as i am not a coder, i have no idea if this is even possible.

I would like to see a mod that gives normal users the power to manage their own threads (in some special forums) like deleting/editing posts (from others), closing the thread or even moving it to its final destination.

do you think this is possible?

IMHO it would be possible.
You could check the forumid and overwrite the addInlineModOptionToPost method in XenForo_Model_Post if it's a "special forum":
PHP:
/**
	 * Adds the canInlineMod value to the provided post and returns the
	 * specific list of inline mod actions that are allowed on this post.
	 * @param array $post Post info
	 * @param array $thread Thread the post is in
	 * @param array $forum Forum the thread/post is in
	 * @param array|null $nodePermissions
	 * @param array|null $viewingUser
	 * @return array List of allowed inline mod actions, format: [action] => true
	 */
	public function addInlineModOptionToPost

I like this idea. If anyone is considering this, please PM me. I have an Addon I have been planning/thinking about that would be like but greatly expanded.

I think the model would be that a thread creator could apply to a Moderator or an Admin to have their thread granted "Original Poster Moderation Status".

Lu Kas, could you expand more on your ideas why this would be helpful ? What problems does it solve ? Any anticipated problems ?

in my forum we have a section called marketplace where people can sell stuff to other people (suprise ;) ) they start a thread, put all the information in the first post and wait for the others to buy their stuff. but normaly people dont just say "ill buy it". they ask questions, they start a chat about the product if its good or not bla bla bla, im tired of cleaning up and warning / banning / blocking people that wont stick to the rules.

so it would be great if the thread starter could clean his thread withouth any mod help. thats why i asked. i just have to do less cleaning up.

in my forum we have a section called marketplace where people can sell stuff to other people (suprise ;) ) they start a thread, put all the information in the first post and wait for the others to buy their stuff. but normaly people dont just say "ill buy it". they ask questions, they start a chat about the product if its good or not bla bla bla, im tired of cleaning up and warning / banning / blocking people that wont stick to the rules.

I know a forum that wants that !

So you want the seller to be able to censor anything that might give them problems getting the max price for their goods. How are the users going to feel ?

so it would be great if the thread starter could clean his thread withouth any mod help. thats why i asked. i just have to do less cleaning up.

I think more than a few Marketplaces would want that.

If the seller does that ... the post should show up as *deleted*, so potential buyers know posts have been deleted.

Another tweak I saw that will reduce complaints is to restrict replies to threads in the marketplace to just the OP.

So you want the seller to be able to censor anything that might give them problems getting the max price for their goods. How are the users going to feel ?

the seller is only allowed to charge the buyer the price that he paid for the article (+shipping) and has to add a copy of the recipt, moreover all the buyers know what the product costs at the online store. the forum helps the sellers to get rid of the stuff they ordered at the online store at a fair price withouth having them send back to the US from Europe.

the problem we face is that for exampel:

A: I offer you X in blue, size large at the price of € 99

B: i have one of those they are great

C: do you have one in yellow?

D: do you want to exchange it for Y?

E: i pay you € 80

do you see what my problem is, there are rules for the seller (fair price, has to add shipping costs, has to share a real photo, has to scan the recipt, has to share measurements ... ) and for the buyers (price is fix, shipping and payment is negotiable). the admins and mods check the offer (price, and everything) so the buyer may ask questions (related to the product) or just buys it.

i just search for an easy way to get rid of the chit-chat whitout having to close the thread automatically.

Sorry to bump another old one, but that is a nice idea! I can see it working for Club Threads. Good suggestion.

Top Bottom