1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making my first cosplay prop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Carla Birch, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Carla Birch

Carla Birch Well-Known Member

I got a 3d printer a few week back so i started my first attempt to make an cosplay prop last week for a mate who will be doing Sophitia from Soulcalibur. The prop is Sophitia’s sword and so far I’m happy with how it’s going because i have never done any of this before, so I’m learning everything as i go along from 3D design and printing to painting and all of it.

Below is some photos of how it’s going so far, up to my first primer paint coat today whats highlighted i have more sanding to do.

Please feel free to comment below giving feedback or any tips you might have on how to improve, many thanks.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    7.jpg

Kintaro, RobinHood, tajhay and 4 others like this.
  2. Carla Birch

Thanks, it's going well so far, just UK weather means you have to get lucky to get a dry patch to paint in lol. Was able to get a few coats of silver on tonight.

3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Thats cool! what 3d printer are you using?

4. Carla Birch

Flashforge Dreamer I'm using, not the biggest of build size but it prints real well :)

5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I recognized that sword immediately...

6. Carla Birch

Yep you should do :p i in fact had a nose around your media gallery to check out some images of the sword :)

Got some more painting done on it also, still some more to do.
    14151887_10153721009277056_594228840_o.jpg

7. Carla Birch