1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Making a thread "unsticky" does not re-order the topic list

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by discoian, Sep 27, 2011.

1. discoian

discoian Active Member

If I take any sticky thread on XF, do an inline edit and untick the "sticky" box and click save the thread remains in it's position as a "sticky" thread until I do a refresh.

It would be nice if there was some AJAX magic that would complete the request by moving the thread into it's correct chronological position in the topic list.

Likewise if I make a topic sticky, it would be cool if the topic was moved to the top of the topic list without a screen refresh. Not sure if this is possible?
  2. discoian

discoian Active Member

Actually thinking about it, this is probably not a bug but a "tweak".
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As you state, this isn't a bug, it's just that there is no page refresh when performing inline moderation actions such as this.

I'll move this to suggestions, although I think it may have already been posted.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is basically necessary anyway - there's a serious likelihood that your thread wouldn't even be on the page you're on, so you'd lose it. And if that happened, then what about all the posts that may have happened since you loaded the page, etc...