Fixed Trying to get property of non-object (data registry related)

abdfahim

Affected version
I don't know what daemon attacked my site yesterday at 5:04PM and 10:38PM, but I received hundreds of server errors of different types.

I am sort of lost about what to do with these (many a time I was just about to hit "clear all" out of agony), but then I thought okay let's just post it in XF to see if anyone can make any sense out of these.

FYI, I use Chat 2 and Content Rating addon (and I haven't changed/installed anything new in the last couple of days). My PHP is 7.0.

I exclude the detailed error log in this post as I don't know what to take and what to leave, but I can post if anyone wants.

cc1.webpcc2.webpcc3.webpcc4.webp

cc5.webpcc6.webp

We would need to see some of the stack traces to try and determine why the errors were logged.

You say the errors occurred between 1704 and 2238 - have they stopped now then?
If so, it could have been some sort of server glitch.

We would need to see some of the stack traces to try and determine why the errors were logged.
Well, I surely can post some of those, but not sure which ones to post as I have 140 of those.

You say the errors occurred between 1704 and 2238 - have they stopped now then?
If so, it could have been some sort of server glitch.
Last error log shows to happen Yesterday at 10:07 PM (I was wrong saying 10:38 PM, it was actually 10:38 AM). I am not sure which timezone XF Server error log report. My Hosting server is at EST (UTC - 5) and my guest timezone (in XF ACP) is AEDT (UTC + 11). It can be some server glitch.

Presumably you have a cache configured in the config file. What cache type is it?
Do you mean in XF config file? I haven't added anything new by myself. But my site uses Cloudflare, if you meant to ask that. I am not an expert server admin, I just enabled Cloudflare from the cPanel provided by my hosting provider.

I dealt with this via a ticket and as far as I know, the issue hasn't come back.

The cause is rather unclear. It could potentially be cache related in theory, though it's hard to say. However, in his case, he didn't have a cache. The only situation I could come up with where this would be possible is if the data stored in the DB was actually incorrect, meaning that the data didn't unserialize as expected (causing it to return false). I've caught this case now, and it will trigger a rebuild.

If this comes back in 2.0.2 for anyone, please let us know.

Top Bottom