1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Make thread hidden/need approval based on prefix

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Dannymh, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Hi all,

I want to have my users post news articles to my forum, I will then turn these into a resource, however I want to make sure these are edited and monitored by my moderation team first.

The way I want this to work is to have a prefix like "news"
    If someone posts under news, I want the post to be inactive and a alert sent to the mods, they can then read the post, edit it and convert it to a resource. Once that is ready to go they can approve the thread and keep the prefix.

Is this currently possible?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would require custom development/an add-on.

An alternative way of doing it would be to moderate all new threads in a specific 'News' forum.
    Even then, conversion to a resource would still require custom development.
  3. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

The conversion to resource part looks like there is a plugin so I have that part looked after. I am more curious about the making the post inactive or needing approval based on thread prefix, is that apossibility or will I need to create some kind of listener
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It will require custom development.
  5. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Ok, I will reframe and ask for a little more guidence in the dev forums as I get around to coding that part