1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Make Sidebar Height 100%

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Dynamic, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just wondering how to make the sidebar height 100%? I tried adding the code to the sidebar properties but it did not work.

I tried
    Code:
    height: 100%;
    and
    Code:
    height: 100% !important;
    none of these worked.

Thanks.

2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

100% height doesn't work, and any alternative solution has been a pain in the ass and requires a lot of tweaking and becomes a hassle to support.

3. Dynamic

Ugh, what the hell? I'm confused, why would they make it like that for?

4. Forsaken

It's actually an issue with CSS, and every work around that you could use for XenForo is either janky or just a pain in the ass to deal with.

5. Dynamic

Ah fair enough man. Thanks for the replies anyway :)

6. Forsaken

One thing you could do is use a background for the content #content .pageContent and change it out when there isn't a sidebar.

Code:
    .Sidebar #content .pageContent { background: url('background1.png'); }
    .NoSidebar #content .pageContente { background: url('background2.png'); }

Still, isn't exactly pretty, and there are times when it can be problematic but it's less of a pain then using an equalHeight plugin which doesn't work with responsive design all that much (I had it included in the framework, but it was either building our own take and test hundreds of use cases, or remove it. I chose the later (y)).

Dynamic likes this.
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'll concur this is a PIA to support I tried the same (managed it) on my christmas style (inspired by forsaken) and it can be a nightmare to get right.

8. Dynamic

Great idea. I will give it a shot. Thanks dude!